Change Foods is a U.S.-Australian food tech start-up creating animal-free dairy foods by leveraging precision fermentation technology, starting with cheese. By harnessing the power of microbes instead of animals, we are producing animal-free dairy foods that are indistinguishable from their animal-based predecessors in taste and texture, while delivering better-for-you and more sustainable products. Join our incredible crew of passionate scientists and build a better food future!
We are setting up a new cutting-edge R&D Biotech Innovation Centre at BioCube San Jose, CA, and are now expanding our scientific research team!
We are at the cusp of the next revolution in food technology, and are working on some of the most exciting scientific discoveries of our generation. We are looking for a talented research scientist with expertise and experience in the field of Microbial Fermentation and Bioprocessing, as well as someone who believes in our mission and wants to be a part of the team.
- Work closely with our CTO and staff and perform project specific tasks relating to Microbial Fermentation and Bioprocessing
- Perform microbial cultivations under optimal induction conditions
- Test different microbial systems for their ability to produce the different compounds of interest, e.g. proteins, lipids and aromatic compounds
- Scale up and optimize controlled fermentation conditions at 1-100L scale
- Perform and optimise scalable Downstream processes
- Contribute to scalable SOP development
- A self-starter who can work independently and as a key member of the team
- A problem solver who can improvise and come up with creative solutions
- A fast learner ready to roll up your sleeves and get going
- A minimum of a PhD qualification with the relevant science background and research/industrial experience
- Strong experience and familiarity in fermentation systems, such as the Eppendorf/New Brunswick fermenters
- Strong experience in Downstream processes such as separation, filtration/purification, drying
- Strong experience working with different strains such as bacterial and fungal microbial systems
- Strong experience in microbial cultivations and subsequent characterization depending on the strain and bioproduct/s
- Ability to work independently, competently and professionally
- Great attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot quickly
- Passion for sustainability and creating a future food system that is kind to people, animals, and the planet
- U.S. work authorization
- Teamwork: we love to discuss and share ideas, solve problems quickly and collaborate
- Work ethic: we work hard and focus on the goal – we get things done
- Diversity: we are a diverse and inclusive bunch and proud of it
- An opportunity to shape a better future and be a part of a dynamic team of passionate entrepreneurs and scientists blazing a trail at the intersection of science and food
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to develop new skills and take on a leadership role
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications
- 80/20 Best-in-Class health insurance
- Paid time-off/vacation
- Company sponsored 401(k) with company match
This is a full-time onsite position at BioCube San Jose.
Learn more about us at www.changefoods.com and follow us on social.
Ready to join us?
Please sumbit your resume and cover letter in the field below.