Change Foods is a U.S.-Australian food tech company creating animal-free dairy foods by leveraging precision fermentation technology, starting with cheese. By harnessing the power of microbes instead of animals, we are producing animal-free dairy foods that are indistinguishable from their animal-based predecessors in taste and texture, while delivering better-for-you and more sustainable products.
The Change Foods Operations team is seeking an experienced life science and/or food industry Program Manager to support the rapid development and growth of Change Foods animal-free dairy products. The successful candidate will primarily work with a multidisciplinary team of passionate scientists, engineers and game-changers across the organization focused in the development and scale-up of commercial production processes of key proprietary ingredients and products that will forever change the global dairy industry as we know it. Additionally, they will have an opportunity to help shape the Program Management Office (PMO), processes and systems as we continue to scale new products with the growth of the company. This is a high-visibility, high-impact role within the organization.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of managing a range of complex, technical projects in biotech and/or food companies with strong organizational leadership, influencing skills, and out-of-the-box problem solving capabilities. A solid scientific or engineering background with great communication skills are a must.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop detailed project scopes, work streams, timelines, resource planning and ensure an effective communication process that maintains team members motivated, engaged and accountable.
- Coordinate activities across multiple functional groups including R&D, Tech Transfer, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Quality Assurance and Marketing.
- Effectively manage a pipeline of multiple technical projects, identifying resources and skill set requirements to successfully take projects to the finish line in time and within budget.
- Lead and facilitate project meetings with an efficient and structured approach, capturing and communicating key decisions, open issues and action items. Follow up on status of tasks and action item execution, both with project teams during meetings and individually with team members, and update project documentation (project timeline, scope, objectives) accordingly.
- Build high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction, acting with a sense of urgency and leading by example.
- Effectively communicate project progress on behalf of core teams to senior management regularly and seek the feedback and support from executive team members for strategic and tactical decision-making to keep projects on the right path.
- Proactively identify any technical/resource issues, concerns or challenges of assigned projects; develop action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key partners and stakeholders. Facilitate prioritization and remove obstacles.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment and start-up culture
- BS or higher degree in Life Sciences or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing new product development, process scale-up and commercialization projects in biotechnology, food or pharmaceutics industry, with prior technical or operational experience
- Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive goals
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to develop trusting relationships with all stakeholders
- Assertiveness to tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within core teams and extended teams
- Ability to deal with uncertainty/ambiguity in a constructive manner, think creatively and generate options for moving forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly summarize and articulate issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions, staying focused and on-point
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the highest quality of work
- Proficient with project management tools and applications (such as Smartsheets/Microsoft projects/Asana)
- Experience working in both startup and large-company environments is a plus
- Familiarity with both product development and manufacturing activities is a plus
- PMP or similar project management certifications or training is desired
- Appreciation for diversity: brilliant program and project managers come from all backgrounds, united around their ability to build relationships, influence, communicate, problem-solve, and ultimately drive to goal achievement
- Resilience: you find strength and motivation when faced with unforeseen challenges and roadblocks because you have practiced techniques for staying calm, collected, and joyous
What You’ll Get:
- An opportunity to shape a better future and be a part of a dynamic team of passionate entrepreneurs and scientists blazing a trail at the intersection of science and food
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to develop new skills and take on a leadership role
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications
- 80/20 best-in-class health insurance
- Paid time-off/vacation
- Company sponsored 401(k) with company match
This is a full-time onsite position at BioCube San Jose.
Learn more about us at www.changefoods.com and follow us on social.
Ready to join us?
Please submit your resume and cover letter in the field below.