Change Foods is a U.S.-Australian food tech start-up creating animal-free dairy foods by leveraging precision fermentation technology, starting with cheese. By harnessing the power of microbes instead of animals, we are producing animal-free dairy foods that are indistinguishable from their animal-based predecessors in taste and texture, while delivering better-for-you and more sustainable products. Join our incredible crew of passionate scientists and build a better food future!
Our Lab Manager will be the nerve center of all things science. We are setting up a new cutting-edge R&D biotech innovation centre at BioCube San Jose, CA, and need an amazing lab manager to lead this operation over the coming months. As the new research team comes in, you will be in charge of managing and organizing equipment and materials, facility operations oversight, general lab maintenance and quality control activities, staff and visitor training, Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S), and general staff administration.
We are looking for a passionate and energetic go-getter, who believes in our mission and wants to be a part of the team. We are on the cusp of the next revolution in food technology, and we are working on some of the most exciting scientific discovery of our generation.
- Work closely with our CTO, and staff, and perform overall laboratory day-to-day management, coordination and general administration, maintenance, and quality control duties
- Manage orders and deliveries for the entire laboratory
- Establish efficient laboratory practices, and improve existing processes
- Track inventory and manage stock levels, ensuring all are stored and controlled correctly
- Manage and organize general laboratory safety and equipment maintenance/training
- Manage laboratory cleanliness, perform audits and maintain facility compliance
- Coordinate and assist in maintenance and updating of strain collections for the multiple different Change Foods laboratories between US and Australia
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOP) for the operation and regular maintenance of all lab equipment, including the implementation of best safety practices across lab operations
- A self-starter who can work independently and as a key member of the team
- A problem solver who can improvise and come up with creative solutions
- A fast learner ready to roll up your sleeves and get going
- A logistics guru, who can keep things moving, crossing t’s and dotting i’s, and ensuring the team has everything they need to keep work running smoothly
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. or B.A. with science major)
- Minimum 3 years of research lab management experience, including following and implementing lab safety protocols, safe handling and storage of chemicals and materials
- Strong familiarity with California Health and Safety requirements, and ability to implement them according to US regulations for all staff and visitors
- Strong experience implementing and/or working with spreadsheets, ERP software, databases, logistical processes such as inventory and order management, purchasing, etc.
- Passion for sustainability and creating a future food system that is kind to people, animals, and the planet
- U.S. work authorization
- Teamwork: we love to discuss and share ideas, solve problems quickly and collaborate
- Work ethic: we work hard and focus on the goal – we get things done
- Diversity: we are a diverse and inclusive bunch and proud of it
- An opportunity to shape a better future and be a part of a dynamic team of entrepreneurs and scientists blazing a trail at the intersection of science and food
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to develop new skills and take on a leadership role
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications
- 80/20 Best-in-Class health insurance
- Paid time-off/vacation
- Company sponsored 401(k) with company match
This is a full-time onsite position at BioCube San Jose.
Learn more about us at www.changefoods.com and follow us on social.
Ready to join us?
Please sumbit your resume and cover letter via the field below.